Re: Thought provoking piece on NetBSD

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Thought provoking piece on NetBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:11:52AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I thought some people in this group may find this letter from one of
> NetBSD's founders very interesting.
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2006/08/30/0016.html
>
> It is current, to the point and has some direct correlations with our
> project that we may want to be aware of.

Nice post, though I don't think PostgreSQL really has many of the
faults he lists. The only obvious one to me is the strong leadership
part, but that's not quite as necessary (I think) because the project
has a clear goal (to a certain extent): SQL compliance.

I think operating systems are a particularly hard area because of the
amount of evolution going on and the amount of work needed just to keep
working on newer machines. The field of databases and SQL is nowhere
near that difficult.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения