BUG #2603: SQLDescribeCol return values

От Reginaldo Martins
Тема BUG #2603: SQLDescribeCol return values
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2603
Logged by:          Reginaldo Martins
Email address:      regimartins@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system:   Windows XP Professional Edition
Details:

Hi!

The ODBC driver is PostgreSQL Unicode 8.01.02.00 from 31 of Jan of 2006.

I'm developing in VC++ 6.0 and I use SQLDescribeCol to determine the type of
each field. When I have a field in a database table defined as CHAR(100) the
function gives me -8 as type value! Is this normal?
Plus, if I change to CHAR(255) it returns -10!!

this is the
9c8-c74    EXIT  SQLDescribeCol  with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
HSTMT               00C52DD0
UWORD                        2
UCHAR *             0x0012E2D8     6] "f_name"
SWORD                       50
SWORD *             0x0012E2D0 (6)
SWORD *             0x0012E41C (-8)
SQLULEN *           0x0012E2C8 (100)