Re: PostgreSQL performance issues

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wednesday 30 August 2006 03:48, Willo van der Merwe
<willo@studentvillage.co.za> wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> Good ideas and I've implemented some of them, and gained about 10%. I'm
> still sitting on a load avg of about 60.
>
> Any ideas on optimizations on my postgresql.conf, that might have an
> effect?

If all of those sessions are truly doing a select count(*) from a .75
million row table (plus half a million dead rows), then I'm not suprised
it's bogged down.  Every query has to loop through the cache of the full
table in memory every time it's run.

Your CPU is doing something.   I doubt that postgresql.conf settings are
going to help.  What exactly are all those high CPU usage sessions doing?

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take
everything you have ... the course of history shows that as a government