Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Safer auto-initdb for RPM init script

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [Pgsqlrpms-hackers] Safer auto-initdb for RPM init script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 07:21:50AM -0700, Joe Conway wrote:
> > We also decided to turn off the init script execution entirely. The DBAs
> > were more comfortable with a manual database startup for a production
> > machine anyway (this is the way they typically handle Oracle databases
> > also). They get paged if the server ever goes down unplanned, and in
> > that event they like to check things out before bringing the db back up.
> > For planned outages, database startup is simply part of the plan.
>
> I'd *really* like to have an official way to just disable the initdb
> code entirely.

This is trivial to do --- just add a /etc/<some_dir>/postgresql file
that contains a line like

AUTO_INITDB=0

to turn the auto-initdb'ing feature of the init script off.  If the file
is not present or AUTO_INITDB is not defined to zero in that file, then
the code behaves as today.  I don't recall what the configuration
directory is called in Redhat systems, but there is one in there (in
Debian it's /etc/default).

Сообщение: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Status
Сообщение: Re: Hierarchical Queries--Status