Re: Autovacuum on by default?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Autovacuum on by default?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Freitag, 25. August 2006 17:32 schrieb Matthew T. O'Connor:
> While there is talk of removing this all together, I think it was also
> agreed that as long as these values are there, they should be reduced.
> I think the defaults in 8.1 are 1000/500, I think 200/100 was suggested.

I'm thinking leaving them higher would offset the jump in the scale factor a
bit.  But if the idea is to get rid of the base threshold, then that's not
really a forward-looking strategy, I suppose.

I don't mind if we go down with the scale factor a little less and move the
threshold down more, but at least tying the scale factor to the fill factor
doesn't make all those numbers too random.

--
Peter Eisentraut