Re: "cache reference leak" and "problem in alloc set" warnings

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: "cache reference leak" and "problem in alloc set" warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Aug 16 04:20, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> On Aug 16 03:09, Volkan YAZICI wrote:
> > WARNING:  problem in alloc set ExprContext: detected write past chunk
> > end in block 0x8462f00, chunk 0x84634c8
> > WARNING:  cache reference leak: cache pg_type (34), tuple 2/7 has
> > count 1
>
> Excuse me for bugging the list. I've solved the problem. I should look
> for ReleaseSysCache() call just after every SearchSysCache().

Looks like this only solves catalog search related allocation issues.
I've still biten by a single "write past chunk" error while returning a
record in PL/scheme:
 WARNING:  problem in alloc set ExprContext: detected write past chunk end in block 0x84a0598, chunk 0x84a0c84

First, I thouht that it was because of clobbering a memory chunk that
doesn't belong to me. But when I place a
 { char *tmp = palloc(32); printf("-> %p\n", tmp); pfree(tmp) }

line at the entrance and end of PL handler, outputed bounds don't
include above 0x84a0598 chunk. Even the address of the heap tuples I
created are far distinct from the address in the error message.

I don't have any clue about the problematic section of the code,
although I know that it occurs when you return a record. I'd be very
very appreciated if somebody can help me to figure out how to debug (or
even solve) the problem.

Regards.

P.S. Here's the related source code: http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/
cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/plscheme/plscheme/plscheme-8.2.c?rev=1.3&content
-type=text/plain in case of if anyone would want to take a look at.