Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 10:43:12PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom,
>
> > These days I doubt there's anyone around the project who refuses to use
> > a web browser at all.  However, I still personally find it much more
> > convenient to read and respond to mailing-list postings than to have to
> > go and visit random web pages to find out if there's something I need to
> > know about.  So my current take on this would be that the bug tracker
> > would have to have a reasonable "output" email capability, but I'd not
> > necessarily insist on being able to "input" to it by mail.  Red Hat's
> > present bugzilla system could be described that way --- and while I
> > can't say I'm in love with it, I can deal with it.
>
> Actually, if that's the only objection it's solved.  RT will now allow you to
> create, comment on, modify, and close bugs by e-mail.   And the RT team would
> be thrilled to have us using it, in theory enough to provide some setup help.
> There's one thing that RT doesn't do by e-mail (can't remember offhand) but
> that's a TODO for them so it should be fixed soon.
>
> So, if the only real requirement for a bug tracker is that we can handle it
> 100% by e-mail, and integrate it with the pgsql-bugs list, that is possible.

Does Trac have similar capability? Reason I'm asking is that I think
*eventually* it would be very useful to have trac's ability to link
bugs, version control, wiki, etc. all together. I know it'll probably be
quite some time before that happens, but I'm sure that if we go with RT
it'll never happen.