Re: Maia Mailgard down?

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Maia Mailgard down?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>

>> Please note ... at *no time* did we ever reject spam for any mailbox,
>> except those for the mailing lists themselves, which majordomo is setup to
>> do ... so if you are seeing more now then before, its because we are being
>> hit with more now that are passing through spamassassin ...
>
> Aha, ok, I see what happened.  Some change you made disabled the spam filters
> I had set up oh Horde.  I need to re-enable them.
>
> I need to find some way to set up a "default" spam configuration with all
> regional contacts to make their accounts usable, which I guess would require
> both settings in Maia and Horde.    Suggestions?

To be honest, since using MAIA, I think I've removed my own 'spam filters'
,,, with quarantine set for all messages scoring >5, those messages never
reach my filters, but stay in MAIA until I go in an report as spam, or
non-spam ...

So, in theory, it should just be a matter of enabling the appropriate
settings in MAIA for each of the regional contacts, and getting them to
login periodically to 'train' the system ...

If you *really* wanted the responsibility for it, I could link all of the
regional accounts to yours, which means when you login to 'train' the
system, you'd be training all of them ... your call on that one :)

> Got it.  The interface isn't quite intuitive and the help file is
> unhelpful. What I found awkward ... downright unusable, in fact ... is
> the quarantine interface.  Bad, bad webform.  The fields are too small
> to display useful data, it's not UTF-8, and there's no "check all".  Of
> course, if you've been using it, you know this.

'k, can't help with alot of the above ... but there is definitely a 'check
all' ... look at the very top line, before the first email is listed ...
each column as a 'checkbox', that if you click it, sets all boxes in that
column to checked ...

> What's Maia written in?

PHP ...

> Question: does putting stuff in a "spam" folder via IMAP still work?

Not if you are quarantining in MAIA, since it won't pass it to the
mailbox, but holds it in cache until you release it ... and its expected
that all you will release is, of course, non-SPAM ... the rest is
reported/trained and deleted from the web interface ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: