Re: LWLock statistics collector

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: LWLock statistics collector
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Lor <Robert.Lor@Sun.COM> wrote:

> CVS head now has the following LWLock probes, and more can easily be
> added. These probes can be enabled using the sample DTrace scripts at
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dtrace/
>
> lwlock-acquire
> lwlock-release
> lwlock-startwait
> lwlock-endwait
> lwlock-condacquire
> lwlock-condacquire-fail
>
> If anyone wants to have access to a Solaris machine to play with DTrace,
> let me know.

I assure you that DTrace is a powerful tool, but as for LWLock statistics,
can we gather them well with it? There is a "color coding" problem in the
persent dump-to-stderr and DTrace methods. I assume we want to gather the
statistics per resource (represented by LWLockKind in my patch), not per
LWLockId.

Even if we use DTrace, do we need some supports for coloring of lwlocks?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center