Re: 8.2 features status

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: 8.2 features status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 04 August 2006 02:20, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Seriously, PostgreSQL has the fastest release cycle of any RDBMS project in
> the world.  The request I'm hearing from large production users is to
> release *less* often.  So I don't find it a problem that this release has
> less "checklist" features than the last two did, and I don't think anyone
> else will.

Yes... one idea I have seen floated is that every other release should work
within the constraints of not requireing dump/reload, so that the really
nasty upgrade cycles could be spread out 2 years apart, but people could get
new features / imporvements each year if they wanted to.  It sounds like a
good idea in theory, but would take some real world wrangling to achieve it.

--
Robert Treat