Re: The vacuum-ignore-vacuum patch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: The vacuum-ignore-vacuum patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> >So instead of actually *solving* one problem you suggest *thinking*
> >about solving the general case ?
> >
> >We have been *thinking* about dead-space-map for at least three
> >years by now.
>
> No, I just wanted anyone who was actually going to work on this to
> think about a more general fix. If the vacuum-only fix has a chance
> of getting into core a version before the general case, I'll happily
> take what I can get.

Well, the vacuum-only fix has the advantage that the patch has already
been written, tested, discussed, beaten to death, resurrected,
rewritten, and is ready to be committed, while the "general solution" is
not even past the handwaving phase, let alone *thinking*.

And we have only three days before feature freeze, so if you want the
general solution for 8.2 you should start *thinking* really fast :-)

Сообщение: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: RE: Build farm on Windows]
Сообщение: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: RE: Build farm on Windows]