Re: Time to scale up?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Time to scale up?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> >Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>
> >>Which version of Replication do we throw in here?
> >>
> >IMHO, the current players should be encouraged create a joint portfolio
> >that makes sense.
>
> All due respect   but that is a pipe dream.

Why?  The current players list reduces to

1. Slony-I

So it's not that difficult to get them to agree with themselves.

The other possible players are all excused:

- DBmirror: the author considers it obsolete
- Postgres-R: it's still under development
- erServer: obsolete, abandoned, inferior to Slony-I anyway
- Mammoth Replicator: proprietary

Am I missing anyone?