Re: ECPG. Badly stuck

От Joachim Wieland
Тема Re: ECPG. Badly stuck
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 02:46:02PM -0400, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Tried writing the follwoing code but doesn't give me any result.
> Don't know if i have to do somethin else apart from what i've already done.

There are many ways your program can fail before actually reaching the
select line but you won't notice because your program fails to check for
errors. Do at least insert a

exec sql whenever sqlerror do sqlprint();

before connecting to the server. For more information on error handling,
see

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ecpg-errors.html

While developing you can also switch on debug output with the ECPGdebug
function described here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ecpg-library.html

Joachim