Re: Error when trying to use a FOR loop

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: Error when trying to use a FOR loop
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Sorry if this is in the archives, but I've done a search and couldn't find anything relevant.
> I'm running HP's precompiled version of 8.1.3.1 as part of their Internet Express offering, and
> I can't seem to run a for loop. Here's what I'm seeing:
> xp512-0715-0716=# FOR LV in 1..10 LOOP
> xp512-0715-0716-# select * from ldevrg;
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "FOR" at character 1
> LINE 1: FOR LV in 1..10 LOOP

The following is give examples of control structures.  However,  you need to be sure that your
version of postgresql has a procedural language installed.  If not, you will need to install it.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-CONTROL-STRUCTURES-LOOPS

Use can use createlang to add different languages to postgresql.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-createlanguage.html

The following link gives a shot list of languages that you can use.  There are others however:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/server-programming.html

see Server-side Procedural Languages from:
http://www.postgresql.org/download/

Hope this help.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.