Re: stored function - array parameter - how many element in array ?

От Volkan YAZICI
Тема Re: stored function - array parameter - how many element in array ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 13 08:28, Claire McLister wrote:
> Have you considered using a set instead? We had a similar need and
> were using an array as a parameter. That turned out to be taking too
> long. Recently we have changed it to a set and it seems to work
> faster, although I must admit I haven't timed it yet.

Did you experience same results when you use an indexable (integer)
array type supplied by intarray contrib module? Furthermore, there're
lots of useful procedures and operators which supplies any kind of
functionality you'll ever need with arrays. Also it's obviouse that
there's no need to tell that these libraries are written in C with quite
optimized algorithms.

Regards.