Re: Database connectivity using ECPG

От John Purser
Тема Re: Database connectivity using ECPG
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:22:49 -0400
"Jasbinder Bali" <jsbali@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using ECPG to connect to my postgres database. Doing it for the
> very first time in my life.
>
> The name of my database is postgres and uses a trusted connection.
> So, i don't think it needs any authentication parameteres like a
> user name and password.
>
> I have the follwoing line of code in my .pgc file for the database
> connectivity:-
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT TO postgres;
>
> after compiling my .c file, i get the following error
>
> In function `main':ecpg_test.c:(.text+0x5d): undefined reference to
> `ECPGconnect'
>
> Can any1 tell me wot is this all about???
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT TO postgres; gets converted to
> { ECPGconnect(__LINE__, 0, "postgres" , NULL,NULL , NULL, 0); }
> after ECPG does its internal conversion from .pgc to .c
>
> Regards,
> ~Jas

It has been my impression that PosgreSQL REALLY likes to know who it's
talking to.  I'd include a user name with my connection string at the
least.

John Purser

--
Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.

Сообщение: Re: Database connectivity using ECPG
Сообщение: Re: Database connectivity using ECPG