Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Removing AddDepends; should I bother with a project?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > For the code sprint, I'm starting off by removing the projects from
> > > contrib which need to be removed by still have some usefulness.  I'm not
> > > exactly sure what to do with adddepends, though.   It seems unlike to
> > > lead an independent existence on pgFoundry; I'm inclined to just nuke it.
> >
> > I vote for the nuclear option.  ;-)
>
> There are still 7.2 systems out there which need it. The problem is,
> adddepend is broken when run against 8.1. It breaks on serial, I think.

Which is not really a problem, because it seems actually kinda absurd to
be running adddepend against an 8.1 server.  I mean, if you spent all
that time running with broken FKs and stuff from 7.2 to 8.1, why are you
going to care now?

I don't think it would be very difficult to solve the problem with
serial anyway.