Re: The HP MSA20 SATA-SCSI enclosure

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: The HP MSA20 SATA-SCSI enclosure
Дата
Re: The HP MSA20 SATA-SCSI enclosure  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 06 July 2006 19:55, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Being an HP/Compaq shop, I'm looking at an Opteron-and-SATA-based
> DL145 G2 and an MSA20 SATA enclosure with a U320 interface to use
> with RHES4 and PostgreSQL.

I recently speced this exact hardware for a customer. When the customer called
HP to order, HP told them that it is not appropriate for a database. They
cited shorter life of the SATA drives and overall performance.

Is it true? I don't know. I have used SATA enclosures for databases for
sometime and have been quite happy with them.

You may also to look at the ml30 which is SCSI.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/