Re: How serious are these problems?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: How serious are these problems?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 06:57:03AM -0700, Steven Ridgway wrote:
> Hi,
>   We have been having some problems with a postgres database recently and would appreciate any advice or pointers.
>
>   Environment:
>   Postgres 8.1.4 running on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition (installed using standard win32 installer).
>   Quad (2 x dual core) AMD Opteron 870. 8Gb RAM. 8x250Gb SATA Raid 10 array.
>   Main database is around 30Gb – dominated by 2 large tables (one 7m rows using 11Gb, and another 55m rows using
9gb).Encoding is UTF8.

>   Symptoms:
>   Two separate symptoms – may be completely unconnected?
>
>   1) When running backups using pg_dump (from pgAdmin – ie using –f option for output), about half way through the
“dumpingcontents of table x” stage I get the message :

>   pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position -- ftell used
>
>   repeated for every table afterwards. When trying to restore this backup I get :
>
>   pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument
>
>   and running the pg_dump with the TAR option I get :
>
>   pg_dump: [tar archiver] actual file length (591516459) does not match expected (591516459)

This appears to be some kind of 64-bit issue. ftell is probably not
returning a 64-bit offset. The print is obviously truncating the length
also.

Not sure what can be done about this, any Windows hackers about?

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

От: Steven Ridgway
Сообщение: How serious are these problems?
От: "Clodoaldo Pinto"
Сообщение: Re: php can't connect to postgresql server