Re: Dynamic technical graphics generation inside plperl query?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Dynamic technical graphics generation inside plperl query?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 12:49:45PM +0200, Philippe Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to use a graphics drawing library (like GD for
> example) inside a plperl function, and "stream" the result image
> (bytea column?) without storing anything to the disk or database?
> Has anyone done that before?

Philippe,

To include an external library, you'll need to use PL/PerlU, which
means you'll be creating the fucntion as the database superuser,
although other users can then invoke the function.  Bytea doesn't have
file semantics like seek(), but it can be the output of a function, so
you should be good to go.  I don't know whether the more file-like lo
interface can be used this way, but it's seldom worth the trouble
anyhow.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!