Re: Database connectivity using a unix shell

От elein
Тема Re: Database connectivity using a unix shell
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is a variation of the same:

a=`psql -U postgres -h my.host.dom -Atc "select col1 from sometable where col2=6"  dbname`
echo $a

Note that the -U and -h can specify the user name and hostname if necessary.
-A gets the data unaligned
-t gets the data without the decorations
-c "query" specifies the query to run
dbname is required if it is not the default.

Also see psql --help

elein

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 11:40:49AM -0500, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 11:29, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> > isn't my normal bash script different from psql.
> > In a bash script how wud u specify the db parameters
>
> Look at how I'm doing it here:
>
> >         > > query="select * from sometable";
> >         > > a=`echo $query|psql -tq dbname`;
>
> Note that I'm calling psql from within a bash script. So, the connection
> params are the same as for psql, cause that's what I'm using.

Сообщение: Re: Database connectivity using a unix shell
Сообщение: Re: Database connectivity using a unix shell