Re: BUG #2495: -i start up option blows pg_ctl program.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #2495: -i start up option blows pg_ctl program.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ermest wrote:

> When I attempt to configure postgres to allow tcpip connections by adding
> the -i option at startup, pg_ctl bombs by referencing address 0x0000.  The
> -i is added to the service startup parameters via the Registry.

There is indeed a bug in pg_ctl here.  We are reporting an error which
getopt_long already reported; and furthermore, optarg is not set by that
function in case of error.  This is the fix:

        while ((c = getopt_long(argc, argv, "D:l:m:N:o:p:P:sU:wW", long_options, &option_index)) != -1)
        {
            switch (c)
            {
                case default:
-                   write_stderr(_("%s: invalid option %s\n"), progname, optarg);
                    do_advice();
                    exit(1);

> I note also,"tcpip_socketi does not appear in installed postgresql.conf
> Adding tcpip_socket=true had no effect on the -i bomb out.

No, the tcpip_socket option was removed in 8.0.  Use listen_interfaces
instead.