Re: Help requd in writing functions in C and using in Postgres

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Help requd in writing functions in C and using in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:23:33AM -0400, Jasbinder Bali wrote:
> Can you help me in writing functions in C and the using in Postgres.
> would like to know some pointers and what all needs to be taken into
> considerations.

Are you writing server-side or client-side code?  For server-side
see "C-Language Functions" in the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/xfunc-c.html

For examples you could look through the PostgreSQL source code, in
particular the files under contrib and in src/backend/utils/adt.

If you're writing client-side code then see "libpq - C Library":

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/libpq.html

If that doesn't help then please provide more information about
what you'd like to do or what concerns you have.

--
Michael Fuhr