Re: MultiXacts & WAL

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: MultiXacts & WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Please dump some of the WAL segments with xlogdump so we can get a
> feeling for what's in there.

OK, will do on Monday's test run.   Is it possible for me to run this at the
end of the test run, or do I need to freeze it in the middle to get useful
data?

Also, we're toying with the idea of testing full_page_writes=off for Solaris.
The Solaris engineers claim that it should be safe on Sol10 + Sun hardware.
I'm not entirely sure that's true; is there a destruction test of the bug
that caused us to remove that option?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun