Re: Converting stored procedure from mySQL

От Verena Ruff
Тема Re: Converting stored procedure from mySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2006 17:39 schrieb Andreas Hjortsberg:
> Basicly I would like to return all the offices and the amount of their
> orders even if they are null. Is it possible to add a temporary table to
> the procedure and instert the data to it,  and then make a select * from
> my_temp_table. Can a function return the result of a temporary table?
Return to what? To the client application? In this case you should consider
using a view instead of this function. As you say you're migrating from MySQL
and MySQL didn't support views in older versions, maybe you came up with this
workaround.

Regards,
Verena

От: Andreas Hjortsberg
Сообщение: Re: Converting stored procedure from mySQL
От: "Frances Collier"
Сообщение: Re: windows update screwed up PostgreSQL -- Problem solved