Re: Column description in ResultSetMetaData

От Stef
Тема Re: Column description in ResultSetMetaData
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sorry, I forgot to mention postgres 8.1.0 and 7.3.4
are the versions I'm using, so it will be the postgres drivers
for those. I'm more interested if it's possible in postgres 8.1.0

Stef mentioned :
=> Hi
=>
=> Is there any way to get a column's
=> description (As defined using COMMENT ON [TABLE_NAME].COLUMN_NAME] IS )
=> and/or table name from the ResultSetMetaData or from the ResultSet,
=> without actually having to parse the SQL string to figure out what tables
=> and columns were used in the query. I would obviously only need this
=> for real columns. i.e. not columns that had functions or concatenations
=> performed on them.
=>
=> Can anyone think of how to do this?
=>
=> Kind Regards
=> Stefan
=>
=> --
=> Confidentiality Notice:
=>
=> The above message and all attachments may contain privileged and
=> confidential information intended only for the person or entity to which it
=> is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use
=> of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
=> entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
=> this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail,
=> facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the material from your
=> computer. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
=> sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the view of
=> the entity transmitting the message. UCS Group Limited and all of its
=> subsidiary companies hereby distances itself from and accepts no liability
=> in respect of the unauthorized use of its e-mail facility or the sending of
=> e-mail communications for other than strictly business purposes
=>
=> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
=>