Re: Server side communication

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Server side communication
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Alex du Plessis <alexdup01@telkomsa.net> schrieb:

> These are probably quite  silly questions:
>
> 1.  Can Postgres initiate any communication to client side?

IIRC: no. For what reason do you need this? We have LISTEN/NOTITY, is
this a solution?

> 2. Is there a way to run a timer to fire a trigger in a database in
> postgres?

No, but we have tools like CRON for such jobs. And, a TRIGGER is fired
on INSERT or UPDATE or DELETE, but not on a specific time.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Сообщение: Re: SQL Count Magic Required.... First Iteration...
Сообщение: Re: SQL Count Magic Required.... First Iteration...