Re: Restoring databases from a different installment on Windows

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Restoring databases from a different installment on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 07:24:56 -0700,
  Berislav Lopac <berislav.lopac@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently reinstalled my Windows mychine, including the
> PostgreSQL server, but (due to a system crash, unrelated to Postgres) I
> wasn't able to dump my databases to import them now. However, I have a
> full copy of the original system, including all the files of the
> original Postgres installation.
>
> Is there a way to restore the databases from the original installation
> into the new one? For example, in MySQL I would be able to just copy
> the data files; is there something similar in Postgres?

Yes it should work. There should be a recovery if postgres was running when
the boc crashed.
Note, you don't want to copy files out from under a running server to do
backups. That won't work.