Re: BUG #2424: initdb Did Not Escape the Password

От imacat
Тема Re: BUG #2424: initdb Did Not Escape the Password
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:26:24 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Yes, I was going to rework the patch to use the ideas you suggested.  I
> wasn't going to apply it as-is.  Anyway, feel free to address it.
> Tom Lane wrote:

    Thank you for your attention.  I thought my patch need to be
reworked, too.  I use rather long and complex password for the initial
user "postgres" so that I don't have to remember it.  I do hope this
simple issue could be solved soon.

    And for the path escaping problem, well, almost all Unix
applications have this issue to be solved.  The Perl doesn't work with
an installation prefix with spaces, thus can't be installed into
"C:\Program Files".  I hope this could be solved, too, though I myself
am not in rush need of this.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>