Re: Postmaster crashes after upgrade to 8.1.4!

От CG
Тема Re: Postmaster crashes after upgrade to 8.1.4!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Okay, there was no core dump to be found.

I had to revert back to 8.1.3 which seems to be running fine. I am /extremely/
thankful that there was no data corruption.

I took a 24 hour old dumpfile of the database it was crashing on and I restored
it to a similar AMD64 box (SunFire x2100 instead of SunFire x4100) running
8.1.4 and tried to crash it as the other was crashing. No joy. It seems to run.
I'll leave it running and try to put a decent load on the box to get it to
crash.

Since I would have to down the production database to get a working copy, I
won't be able to copy the offending data directory over to the test
installation until my next maint window rolls around in a few weeks. That, or
we have another outage of some type which would give me the ability to down the
database and copy the tree over.

I wish I could've done more analysis while the server was crippled. I'll keep
trying.

CG