Re: To recover data corrupted

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: To recover data corrupted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 06:10:49PM +0200, Frederic Massot wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> >On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:03:16PM +0200, Frederic Massot wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>We have an old waiter Postgresql 6.5.3 which regularly had problem and
> >>which crashed.
> >

> >6.5?! Holy cow, you win the prize for oldest version I've seen.
> >

> We have of another server with Postgresql 7.4.  :o)
> But, there remained this old server.

Did it get drywalled-over and forgotten? :)

Seriously, you would do well to keep a better eye on when versions get
end-of-lifed (though I don't know if that was very formal back then).
7.3 will be E-O-L'd soon (with 8.2's release, I think), and I don't
think 7.4 will be far behind. So you actually need to start looking at
moving off of 7.4 as well.

And of course you should always upgrade to newer point releases when
they come out (like they did today).