Re: [SQL] (Ab)Using schemas and inheritance

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: [SQL] (Ab)Using schemas and inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em Terça 23 Maio 2006 21:54, Tony Wasson escreveu:

> $.02 about lots of schemas.
>
> I worked with an application that had 500 schemas and that worked very
> well. However, as the number of schemas exceeeded 8000 the query speed
> started to degrade. Running \d with a single schema in your search
> path took a few seconds with that many schemas. Queries that were
> running in 100ms were now taking about 600ms.
>
> In short, postgresql will support lots of schemas.

Hi Tony.

Thanks.  But then, it will degrade a lot when I reach "thousands" of schemas
or it will degrade if I have too many schemas on my search path?  It was a
little ambiguous from your answer above.

Be seeing you,
--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] (Ab)Using schemas and inheritance
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] (Ab)Using schemas and inheritance