Re: To recover data corrupted

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: To recover data corrupted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:03:16PM +0200, Frederic Massot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an old waiter Postgresql 6.5.3 which regularly had problem and
> which crashed.

6.5?! Holy cow, you win the prize for oldest version I've seen.

I don't know if even Tom Lane has experience with that old a version, so
you're probably out of luck on recovering anything you don't have
already.

You very seriously need to upgrade. There's litterally dozens of data
loss bugs that have been fixed since that time. I'd suggest trying to
run the most recent 7.4.x version of pg_dump against the old database;
if that works, load it into 7.4.x and then you can upgrade from there to
8.1.4 (out this week or next). You can try going directly to 8.1.3/4,
but I suspect the newer pg_dump will have issues. You might actually
have to go from 6.5 to an early 7.x release, and then up to 8.1 (8.1's
pg_dump would probably work back to 7.2 if not 7.1 or 7.0).