Re: DatabaseMetaData

От Glenn Holmer
Тема Re: DatabaseMetaData
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Monday 22 May 2006 18:17, you wrote:
> The first argument should be your database name, but this is not
> actually causing a problem because that parameter is ignored because
> pg does not support cross database calls.  Other than that it looks
> good.  Are you sure it's in the public schema?  Are you sure it
> wasn't created with a case sensitive table name "tSoldTo" or
> something?

Thanks.  The DDL to create the table was:

CREATE TABLE tsoldto(
  uid_pk      INTEGER

and I found that while this works:

dmd = conn.getMetaData();
rs = dmd.getColumns("licensee", "public", "tsoldto", "%");
// rs = dmd.getColumns("licensee", "public", "tSoldTo", "%");
while (rs.next()) {
  columnNames.add(rs.getString("COLUMN_NAME"));
}
rs.close();

using the commented-out line does not.  I thought table names were
case-insensitive? (this is with Postgres 8.0.3 and build 316 of the
JDBC driver).

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer@weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601