Bug list for Techdocs

От Josh Berkus
Тема Bug list for Techdocs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Guys,

Well, I've given Magnus a hard time over the last couple of days due to bugs
in the new techdocs.  I think I have a list of what all of the actual bugs
are.  They are currently work-aroundable but painful.

I tested the below in Firefox 1.0.4, 1.0.7 and 1.5.2, on Mac and Linux.  In
Konqueror, the WYSWYG editor does not appear, but the other issues are the
same.  So it's not browser-specific.

1) Styles missing from Techdocs CSS, or somewhere:
    <b> (or <strong>)
   These are supported by the WYSWYG editor, but techdocs rejects them as
invalid styles and won't save the page.

2) Styles missing from the WYSWYG editor but *not* from CSS/wherever
    <h1> <h2> <h3>
    That is, these can be done in HTML mode and do not get rejected, but
cannot be selected in the WYSWYG editor.

3) Styles missing from both places:
    <dl>
    <code>
    These can be neither done through the WYSWYG editor nor will be accepted
in HTML mode.  Both are used frequently for HOWTO articles.

4) After the page is saved, wwwmaster shows "invalid page" until the page is
approved.  This means that the user cannot go back to the page and re-edit if
their session is interrupted; it *has* to be approved before anyone can
examine it meaningfully.  This is a real issue for docs we want to go up at a
specific date.

5) The approval interface does not show a readable preview of the page.  How
do we know what we're approving?  If I'm approving my own stuff, that's not
an issue, but someone else's edits?

6) There is no way to re-assign "parent" pages.   This is a problem if you
create pages out of order; you can't clean them up.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: