Re: archiver.pid

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: archiver.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Lock file to prevent starting with multiple archivers present.

Isn't it cleaner to remove the PID file in postmaster.c:reaper()?  That
way you are really sure that the PID file is removed when the process is
gone, even if it crashes.

OTOH I don't think it's very clean to change the semantics of the
ArchPid variable in postmaster.  We use those to keep track of the
running process, so if there's no archiver, it should be 0 (which is
true for all said variables).