Re: Benchmarking Function

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Benchmarking Function
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
DW,

> The idea of the control is, of course, to subtract the overhead of
> the benchmarking function from the code actually being tested. So I
> guess my question is, how important is it to have the control there,
> and, if it is important, how should it actually work?

Well, per our conversation the approach doesn't really work.   EXECUTE
'string' + generate_series seems to carry a substantial and somewhat random
overhead, between 100ms and 200ms -- enough to wipe out any differences
between queries.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: Performs WAY better with enable_seqscan = off
Сообщение: Re: Performs WAY better with enable_seqscan = off