Re: drop user / role if exists

От P.M
Тема Re: drop user / role if exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
first of all, it's not -i as i wrote but \i
i work under windows OS.

and my script is working now.
thanks for your help

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 02:59:25AM -0700, P.M wrote:
> To run the script i use :
>
> under psql command line, i load my SQL script file via :
>
> psql -i myfile;

Don't know what -i does, it's not a supported option, perhaps you mean
-f?

In any case, my version of postgres 7.4.7 works fine:

$ cat /tmp/f
drop user idontexist;
drop user indontexisteither;
drop user foo;
$ psql -f /tmp/f kleptog
psql:/tmp/f:1: ERROR: user "idontexist" does not exist
psql:/tmp/f:2: ERROR: user "indontexisteither" does not exist
psql:/tmp/f:3: ERROR: user "foo" does not exist
$

So I think you need to post the actual error before we can help you
further.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout http://svana.org/kleptog/