Re: PG_DIAG_STATEMENT_POSITION Where is it defined?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PG_DIAG_STATEMENT_POSITION Where is it defined?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 03:58:21PM -0500, Tony Caduto wrote:
> Tony Caduto wrote:
> >http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/libpq-exec.html
> >it should be a integer not 'P'
> >
> I got it working, in Pascal you have to pass P as ord('P')
>
> PQresultErrorField(fstatement,ord('P'));
>
> It's one of those cryptic ways you can use a char as a integer in C :-)

Hardly cryptic, it's a fairly common tactic if you need an integer to
represent something and you don't particularly care what integer, but
the character can be more meaningful. A char *is* an integer, just only
one byte, not four.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения