Re: compiling postgres on solaris and DBD::Pg

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: compiling postgres on solaris and DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 08:25:26AM +0930, Luke Vanderfluit wrote:
> Does this mean libpq is part of the perl install?
>
> Since libpq is under /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ doesn't that mean that it's
> part of the postgresql install? Isn't then the postgres install 32 bit
> and should be 64 bit?

libpq is part of postgresql, yes. If you have perl as 64-bit, that
means you have to compile libpq as 64-bit. You don't have to compile
the server as 64-bit though.

> I'm sure the perl install is 64 bit. I didn't compile and install it myself.
> Is there a way to check?

readelf -h <filename>

The "Class" field is the one you want I think.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения