Re: Help with a seq scan on multi-million row table

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Help with a seq scan on multi-million row table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 10:09:44AM -0700, ogjunk-pgjedan@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Markus & Tom,
>
> Higher statistics for this column.... hm, I'd love to try changing
> it to see how that changes things, but I'm afraid I don't know how
> to do that.  How can I change the statistics target value for this
> column?
>
> Ah, I think I found the place:

No.  Just ALTER TABLE [name] ALTER [column] SET STATISTICS.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-altertable.html
for more.  You'll need to ANALYSE afterwards.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.                --Brad Holland