Re: .pgpass file and unix domain sockets

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: .pgpass file and unix domain sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:34:38PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.  Arguably, different socket paths
> might point to different servers for which you need different passwords.
> If we did want unix-socket connections to search for "localhost"
> regardless of socket path, it'd be a simple change (change the order of
> operations in connectOptions2).  But maybe the code is right and we
> should fix the documentation.  Or maybe this whole notion of using
> "localhost" is bogus and we should always use the socket path.

Maybe something like "unix:*" would match all sockets and "unix:/tmp"
would match just that one. Or maybe just allow the special string
"unix:" match any socket and leave the rest alone.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Сообщение: Re: BEGIN inside transaction should be an error
Сообщение: Re: BEGIN inside transaction should be an error