Re: Multi-column index not used, new flipped column index is

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Multi-column index not used, new flipped column index is
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Markus Schaber <schabi@logix-tt.com> schrieb:
> Bitmap Index Scans can be your solution, but AFAIK they were invented in
> 8.1.

Right.

> For bitmap index scans, you have one index on fkColumnOne and one on
> fkColumnTwo, and the query planner knows to combine them when both
> columns are given in a WHERE clause.

Yeah! The Bitmap Index Scan is a great thing. With some selects i have a
performance-boost from 5 to 10, compared with 8.0.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Help with a seq scan on multi-million row table