Re: Vacuuming static tables.

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Vacuuming static tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On May 10, 2006 10:54 am, "Daniel T. Staal" <DStaal@usa.net> wrote:
> Then the question is why doesn't running it twice in a row speed it up?
> (When I plug in *exactly* the same values.)

Yeah, I don't understand that.  You might see what else is running on the
database at the same time as the problem occurs?  When you vacuum, do you
vacuum only this table, or is the vacuum perhaps fixing another problem
that is coincidental to causing this query to be slow?

I cannot think how else vacuum could make any difference to a rarely updated
table, though.

Post the output of 2 subsequent explain analyzes the next time the problem
shows up, and then run the vacuum and post a third.  I'm sure someone
smarter than me will spot something.

--
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom. Keep that in mind
at all times."