Re: libpq pgconn pointer

От Ludek Finstrle
Тема Re: libpq pgconn pointer
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:31:14AM +0300, SAFAK CIRAG wrote:
>     I've have been using PostgreSQL for its spatial extension.
> However fetching binary data into a dataset through ODBC and then
> reading the binary data decreases performance. For the sake of
> performance,i've  fetched geometries by binary cursors using libpq
> API. My problem is to make two connections;one for geometries and

Why is it the problem?

> other for psql-odbc. So i'm wondering if somehow pgconn pointer
> address of a connection made by psql-odbc can be reached from outside.

You don't specify driver version at first. E.g. 08.02.0002 use libpq
only sometimes ...
I see no way to get th pgconn pointer right now. Maybe you hack some
ODBC function to return it (maybe SQLGetInfo or SQLGetConnectAttr).

>    Another question : Server side cursor is working with
> OpenForwardOnly mode,what about KeySet?

Does PostgreSQL backend (server) support Keyset cursor? I don't think so.

Regards,

Luf