Re: install postgres on usb drive???

От John Purser
Тема Re: install postgres on usb drive???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 9 May 2006 17:10:21 -0400
"Rodrigo Cortés" <roco3d@gmail.com> wrote:

> > A) "Possible" is a BIG word.  So is "anywhere".  If you could narrow
> > these two down a bit it might help answer your question.
> >
> possible mean "how to do it"
> anywhere mean "a pc with a windows os"
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: explain analyze is your
> friend

Rodrigo with Windows I'm not sure how much the registry would have to
be edited (if at all) to run the same postgrsql installation from
windows machines A B and C.  I strongly doubt that you could just walk
up to a strange machine, plug in your USB drive, and away you go.

Some years ago when I was still running Windows at home I recall there
was a discussion on the cygwin mailing lists about running cygwin from
a cd drive.  You might want to check out their archives and see if you
could use that information.
http://www.cygwin.com/

Good luck.

John Purser