Re: extremely slow when execute select/delete for certain

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: extremely slow when execute select/delete for certain
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 11:21:16AM +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Kah,
>
> kah_hang_ang@toray.com.my wrote:
>
> > I already vacuum those tables with full option but it still the same.
> >
> > What could be the possible causes of this problem?
> > How can I solve it?
> >
> > CPU - Intel Xeon 2.40 GHz
> > Memory - 1.5G
> > Postgresql version: 7.2.2
>
> First, you should consider to upgrade your PostgreSQL server to a newer
> version, at least to 7.2.8 which fixes some critical bugs.

Note that 7.2.x isn't supported anymore, and there's data loss bugs that
could affect it. You should at least move up to 7.4.x.

> But it will be much better to upgrade to current 8.1 version, as I think
> that your problem is caused by index bloat, and indices are handled much
> better in 8.1.
>
> Try recreating your indices using REINDEX command.

And if that doesn't work we need at least the output of EXPLAIN, if not
EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

Сообщение: Re: Query runs 38 seconds for small database!
Сообщение: Re: Query runs 38 seconds for small database!