Re: Backup Schema w/ SQL Text File

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: Backup Schema w/ SQL Text File
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On May 7, 2006 06:59 pm, operationsengineer1@yahoo.com wrote:
> what is the synatx to restore, using sql text, a
> schema within a db?
>
> i suspect it is something along the lines of:
>
> psql rails[insert correct symbol
> here]depot_development < create.sql
>
> i didn't see this addressed in the manual (at least
> the main page).

I don't think you can, unless you only dumped that schema.  Consult the
pg_dump and pg_restore manual pages for the more advanced backup formats
which allow you to selectively backup and restore select sets of tables,
including just those in particular schemas.

--
"Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for." -- Will Rogers

Сообщение: Backup Schema w/ SQL Text File