Re: Switch to Linux Dev Questions

От David
Тема Re: Switch to Linux Dev Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 12:05:43AM +0200, Stefan Lidman wrote:
> >up - well, if you are not familiar with the pager, find out what pager
> >is being used (probably "less") and check the manpage for it.
>
> And how do set I it to less?
>
> >From 'man psql':
> If the environment variable PAGER is set, the  output  is piped  to
> the  specified program.
>
> I have set that variable in my shell but psql is ignoring it and
> give me more when i want less.

That would probably depend upon your distro.  Apparently my psql calls
/usr/bin/pager, which, on my system (Debian) is a symlink to
/etc/alternatives/pager.  If this is the case of your system, you should
be able to adjust this with your alternatives system.  Mine does the
update-alternatives command.