Re: postgres db deleted and recreated... "No directory,

От
Тема Re: postgres db deleted and recreated... "No directory,
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/client-authentication.html

> about client authentication details.
>
> Regards,

thaks for the tips.  i added

local   all         all           trust

to pg_hba.conf and so far so good.  obviously, i have
a little more to learn about this topic.  the manual
is great and all, but i find them dry.  i *really* get
along better with tutorials that have lots of specific
examples.  does anyone know of a good tutorial that
covers this topic?

also, be sure to us pg_ctl to reload when you change
pg_hba.conf or the changes to it don't take effect.

the statement required to reload:

usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/bin/pg_ctl reload -D
/var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main

is a bit excessive.  i seem to recall (from my cygwin
days ;-) there is a file where i can include this path
so i don't have to type it out each time.  can anyone
give any hints to make this easier?

tia...